Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland cattle sale - island stick by I-bidder  (Read 2155 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Shetland cattle sale - island stick by I-bidder
« on: September 21, 2014, 08:37:44 am »
There will be a sale of pure bred registered Shetland cattle at the Shetland Rural Centre, Staneyhill Lerwick Shetland ZE1 0NA on the 4th of October 2014 and will be available on the internet through I- bidder. I will post a link here when it is available. So far there is entries of calves, heifers, cows and a young bull.

This is a first for Shetland cattle and an opportunity to buy high health island bred stock.

More info as I get it.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
Re: Shetland cattle sale - island stick by I-bidder
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 08:58:42 am »
Rosemary - you will have to contain yourself if you log onto the I-bidder!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:12 am »
 ;D ;D ;D Nah, I'll never be able to work the technology

Factotum

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Oh, No!  - the temptation could be too much - especially if there's a nice young bull.

We've not found a new home for Tavish our bull, so I think he's destined for the freezer. Such a shame, he has a lovely quiet nature, he's very good at his job and his calves are shaping up nicely - the steers are wonderfully chunky and his heifers are nicely formed - all look healthy and lively. We had 13 calves this year, but only 7 are breeding stock, and he covered 17 this year - so he has room in his quota for a few more.

Still, I guess that is the lot of a Shetland bull...

So we'll be needing a new bull for next year - didn't really want to keep one over the winter again, but if the Island bull looks good perhaps we'll reconsider.

Decisions, decisions.

Sue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS