Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Showing poultry  (Read 1636 times)

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
Showing poultry
« on: September 20, 2014, 09:13:41 pm »
Hi 
I need a complete run down on showing poultry. The show is coming up in February and i need to get the chicken(s) ready. I have my eye on a really good gold sebright cockerel who sort of walks about with pride and thinks he's the best. I have never shown poultry before so all advise welcome.  I also like the look of another really nice gold female but she is over a year old, is this ok? What are typical showing birds as i'm not sure that mine are very good compared to overs I will try and post some pics.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: Showing poultry
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »
Go on to iplayer and watch countryfile from two weeks ago, it's about 40 mins in. Adam and his son get shown how to prepare their birds for a show , good luck.
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:40:27 pm »
Hi 
I need a complete run down on showing poultry. The show is coming up in February and i need to get the chicken(s) ready. I have my eye on a really good gold sebright cockerel who sort of walks about with pride and thinks he's the best. I have never shown poultry before so all advise welcome.  I also like the look of another really nice gold female but she is over a year old, is this ok? What are typical showing birds as i'm not sure that mine are very good compared to overs I will try and post some pics.

Peebles has a big poultry club, anyone there who can help you? as for age of birds, depends on the breed-some are 'one season' birds others not-afraid I know nothing about sebrights.

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 01:07:36 pm »
some pics

ThomasR

• Joined Jun 2014
  • Peebles
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »
more pics

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS