Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Suggestions for my fleece  (Read 4080 times)

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: Suggestions for my fleece
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 09:32:13 am »
Wear the afghan to get warm *after* doing the sheep!  I keep coming in soaked and/or freezing and have a warm cardi that fits over fleeces after yet another change or shower!  It's only fair one of the sheep warms you up after the rest make you get out in all weather..
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:47 pm »
I now have a Castlemilk Moorit fleece to work on. No idea what I'm going to do with it but I so love the colour.

We did Castlemilk Moorit on our Deb Robson workshops, and found that, counter-intuitively, spinning it straight from the (mini) combs was the easiest way to spin it and gave by far the best results.  I'm so pleased I can now use the fleeces my two grow!  (Not to mention the remainder of Brucklay's clip - we cleaned her out for two workshops here and another two at Fibre East!)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 12:12:32 am »
I was just thinking how lovely it must be to have your own sheep and loads of fleeces when I realised that I have NO sheep and loads of fleeces.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS