Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Permitted Agricultral development  (Read 11312 times)

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Re: Permitted Agricultral development
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 08:17:16 pm »
I'm on holiday with my friends who are planning officers and they say that you don't have to own it but you need a formal agreement to rent the extra land for at least 7 years.
Thanks its good to know timescale required if push comes to shove i will buy the extra land
Opened a massive can of worms here its really going to be a struggle but i have had run ins before with councils and to be honest i aint biggest fan.
Last one was Tescos submitted plans to extend supermarket council never wrote to surronding properties first thing we knew , it was passed and they were building car park on my land.
Threats from Solicitors(supermarket)
Was nervous went to check on a bank holiday Monday and bull dozers were just about to knock fence down and help themselves i had a 3 year battle with them real sc-m bags
Council were scared sh-tless of them
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:20:36 pm by mart6 »

SmallWelshBarn

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 08:39:56 am »
marc6 did you win against them stealing your land?

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 08:57:29 pm »
The council as I understand it cannot refuse you a barn/building however they are allowed to dictate were it is sited, quite a few these days insist it goes on the rented land argh !!!!!

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »
Tesco backed down in the end but it did not stop them trying to grab it on the bank holiday.
Best news i heard was profit warning thing.
They spent millions£ on a couple of sites around here and they have been cancelled.
They started a small corner of the car park right up to the boundry of my property to stop planning lapsing but left it.
Sold off property they bought that they needed now imagine it wont go ahead now.
Total scum they are known for such bully boy tactics

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS