Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Spain  (Read 3241 times)

Cocomartinez

• Joined Jan 2013
Hello from Spain
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:22:00 pm »
Hello everyone!

We´re in the (hopefully) final phases of renovating a stone farmhouse in Galicia, NW Spain.  Right now we´re in a flat in Madrid, but OH is going to approach his boss about working remotely as soon as electric mains get hooked up and we can go about getting an internet connection.

The house is on about a half acre, which is more than enough to make me despair ever getting it in shape and pathetically small for livestock.

Very interested in figuring out how to finance our new ¨country¨ lifestyle.  At least we won´t have a mortgage and the Galician climate is quite forgiving.

I have a blog, www.mygaliciangarden.blogspot.com, for latest pics.

Will no doubt be asking lots of silly questions as we kick off our adventure in rural living.  I can´t wait. 

Thanks in advance for your advice!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:50:09 pm by Cocomartinez »

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Hello from Spain
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 06:19:06 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum. The house looks as if its going to be lovely. Lots of hard work in the garden though. Still, you have a few blackberries to eat to keep you going.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:53 pm »
 :wave: and welcome. What a lovely house and I do envy you your half acre. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes. Do ask lots of questions and remember, the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:59 am »
And a welcome from me :wave: Your place looks so lovely and, believe me, in a year or two you will be wishing your half acre was two and a half. Enjoy your country life!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 08:35:44 am »

Hello and welcome from me in Scotland  :wave:    The house does look lovely, and you seem to be working amazingly hard to get it up and running.  The land I think will take a bit longer.  There will be plenty of wildlife hiding in there  :thumbsup:
I scrolled down on the BlogSpot and found the time lapse film of flowers opening - that has set me up for the day  8)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Cocomartinez

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »
Thanks all!  I already want hectares, but have resolved to micro manage this little piece until it´s as productive as it can be with hand tools, since we´re mostly skint.  Starting with fencing, a garden and some trees, then chickens, later bees and perhaps someday, my guilty secret desire, sheep.   :sheep:

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 06:51:57 pm »
Hello & Welcome

it looks great, good luck.  :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 06:04:16 pm »
 :wave: hello and welcome from near Durham

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 08:00:10 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS