Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hellooo and help if possible? We really are accidental smallholders!  (Read 5305 times)

brooscopi

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Hellooo and help if possible? We really are accidental smallholders!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 10:01:23 pm »
Thanks Sue. I have been trying to work out whether i need to register as a business before I receive the invoice for the work. The hmrc website states that you can reclaim VAT from before you registered for VAT but doesn't specify whether you need to be registered as a business when the purchases are made. It would make sense that people need to spend on set up costs before being able to trade. I'm feeling the pressure as obviously the contractor would like to invoice me but is holding off until I get either business/VAT registered. If he can bill me without me having to register for either yet then that would be good.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 05:38:37 pm »
Down in the borders Business gateway run free courses going over things like VAT, see if they have them in your area, as this will help and welcome  :wave:

brooscopi

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:38 pm »
Hi thank you, I will definitely try and find out about Business Gateway.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS