Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: entrance security  (Read 4730 times)

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
entrance security
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:26 am »
spoke to a friend, and gave him my ideas on what sort of gate lock i want on the main gate …lets just say, i think he hit the  idea on the head….i will be fitting one to each of the two gates

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152613206262310&set=vb.616132309&type=2&theater

we havn't sorted a price out yet, but i know, he is very very reasonable

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: entrance security
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:17:06 pm »
Couldn't open the link but glad you've found what you need.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:12:08 pm »
Claymore mines are very good , but do warn the postman. :innocent:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:55:57 pm »
here is a snapshot, the bolt is an inch thick

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:02 pm »
That looks pretty sturdy.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 05:12:55 pm »
I have a sign on my gate that reads.

I have 4 dogs and at least 1 of them bites.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

MarvinH

• Joined Oct 2011
  • England
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »
Make sure its fixed good as I reckon Id yank that of that timber in seconds.
Sheep

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »
I have a sign on my gate that reads.

I have 4 dogs and at least 1 of them bites.
You could be risking their lives as it could be construed that you knew of their tendency to be vicious.  You have to be very careful about signs these days.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »
Any one stupid enough to come through my yard gate with 4 dogs out loose deserves to get bitten for not heeding the warning. We get a lot of 'Scrappies' around here that will nick anything not nailed down. Not many would risk it.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:09:17 am »
Make sure its fixed good as I reckon Id yank that of that timber in seconds.

JS…there are 6 coach bolts that get fixed, they have not been fixed in this photo, as the photo was just an example,
i will be doing a little bit in the video when we get the place, showing the lock and some other security things

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 12:33:33 am »
spoke to a friend, and gave him my ideas on what sort of gate lock i want on the main gate …lets just say, i think he hit the  idea on the head….i will be fitting one to each of the two gates

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152613206262310&set=vb.616132309&type=2&theater

we havn't sorted a price out yet, but i know, he is very very reasonable

24 volt 400 pound electromagnetic pull locks are very good on metal gates that have three welded hinge pins  , one of which is often the middle one is welded upside down to stop the gate being lifted off .
 So long as you can use a remote for the key lock switch or hide it and the same with the battery  power supply .

Any shoot bolt fix especially in timber is usually easily overcome .

These 400 pound electromagnets are similar to those used in big buildings to hold fire doors open , as soon as the alarm is sounded via the alarm system the power is turned off and the doors swing closed with their actuators without any human interference .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 09:57:06 am »
my only thoughts on any thing which needs electric is, they have the tendency to break down, or you need a power supply…in all honestly, if they want to get in, or get something out, they will always find a way, all i want to do is either make it really hard for them , or time consuming, where they may just wonder off,

in my case, the gates are on the main road or i should say a busy lane, and there will be two gates to go through, on one entrance, plus i may fit a removable post…

i am not saying the area has any record of farm theft, but after spending thousands on machinery, i just want to make the place as secure as possible

and, and the bolt, would also have a metal plate at the back of the gate

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS