Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animals on Gumtree/preloved..  (Read 6897 times)

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Animals on Gumtree/preloved..
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:09 am »
I took a collie pup from some people yesterday afternoon. Spur of the moment. They were desperate to rehome him. First come first served, poor boy. Bought unseen and delivered to them from a farm at 10 weeks old, and surprisingly it didn't work out-. REALLY!?!

Then sold on like a piece of furniture! were not that interested in me at all, just wanted him and all his stuff gone ASAP. He is all vaxd, chipped etc lots of toys and beds. They have had him less than 2 months. Drives me mad! Am looking for a 1st class working/ out doorsy/agility/running type home for him. really really nice pup- no snappiness or other collie baby problems.

Any takers?
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Animals on Gumtree/preloved..
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:39 am »
Bloody shame, 4th home in as many months, poor wee soul.,

This is exactly why i advocate ALL breeding being licensed (you'll note I do NOT say breeders!) - even one off so called 'mistakes' retrospectively if necessary - with no exemptions and the money ring fenced.  perhaps after 18th September i'll push harder for this - I have friends who'd back me in Scotland.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:10:47 am »
I will back you in England Doganjo!! Far too many litters being bred and far too many dogs ( and cats) in rescue. I am so tempted by that pup Funkyfish but have to be sensible. I think that every litter bred must whether pure bred or mongrel should, by law, be microchipped before being sold and the breeders details retained so that if one of those pups go into rescue the breeder should take responsibility.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 10:14:44 am »
Would love to, we have been looking for a working collie pup as l am getting more sheep and rounding them up is getting  too much like  exercise  :relief:
There is a guy who trains them up here. We have a JR and a Collie cross so we are doggie people. Alas !  getting to Devon and back is a daunting thought.
Unless, by some stroke of luck someone is making a journey to Scotland and l could meet them somewhere ?
Ive seen it happen on here  :fc:  :dog:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:17:36 am »
I'll help with a relay if you can sort it out - I'm in central Scotland and could drive south fro an hour or so then to Aberdeen.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:06 am »
I could probably help as well  as long as I had a couple of days notice
Graham

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
Would pay fuel costs for anyone helping  :thumbsup:

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 10:48:55 am »
I can't get down as far as Devon, I am coming down as far as Cambridge and back via North Shrops though on the weekend of the 6th. I don't want the pup-having had a rescue collie who went through similar (5 homes in less than a year) but would help with the relay.

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:17 pm »
You sound perfect for him!

I may be going to nr Reading  Fri 5/6th if it help re a chain to get him to you. He is very easy in the car. He comes with all his toys etc and bed-if he is living in his toilet training needs working on. He pulls like a train-am working on that.. He is a real blank canvas, no crappy training ro undo luckily.

If interested u can email me vanessa@vetnurse.co.uk if u like. Will try and get some good photos. He is a bit of a moving target... Still assessing him,waiting on his personality to come out when he has found his feet....  I'll see if he is interested in sheep-in the right way, Friday.
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 06:12:05 pm »
Thanks will email you  :thumbsup:

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:38:48 pm »
I have a friend who loves animals but seems to breed JR as a cash crop. I have sold a few ponies in 20 years and that is hard enough, the thought of trying to sell 16 puppies a year fills me with horror. Every time she says they have gone to good homes but how on earth do you know?
 I have been married 35 years and nearly all my dogs we have been the second homes usually for free, bought a lurcher because the charities involved p**ed me off, but it went against my principles.
 I live about 10 miles from Cambridge so it you need a staging post I can collect and hold there and possibly take it a bit further north depending on the day.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »
Thanks to everyone and their kind offer of help, got my map out trying to fathom a route  :thinking:
geography is not my strong point

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 09:12:21 pm »
He sounds lovely and will make someone a good dog. Poor lad. Why don't people think things through before taking on animals?

I once took a 13 month old border collie who was a lovely dog. The owner had decided that she couldn't cope with her as she had a toddler. I late found out that she had had four puppies in three years and rehomed them once they were adult dogs. She would put them out the front door in the morning and let them back in at night. Lass had nearly caused a couple of road accidents as she had no road sense. She was also not house trained but we worked on the problems and she turned into a wonderful dog who wanted nothing more than to please me. I still miss her.

MischieMoo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Moray
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 09:38:48 pm »
Hi

I could possibly go from Aberdeen to Inverness depending on the day - could you meet me there Kelly58?

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:48 pm »
Thanks everyone for helping out! So glad this lad is sorted!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS