Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bantam egg boxes?  (Read 6230 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Bantam egg boxes?
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:00:54 am »
Anyone ever come across bantam egg boxes for sale? the eggs are just too tiny for big boxes.  Trying to avoid padding boxes out if I can. TIA
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
Re: Bantam egg boxes?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:04 am »
would quail egg boxes be too wee?

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:49:45 am »
Quail boxes would be too small unless they are very small bantam eggs.

I looked for these a while back but couldn't find anyone supplying them in the UK, they are however now available in America  ::)

http://www.eggcartons.com/Bantam-Egg-Cartons-Blank-p/fhpbl-34b.htm

Good wee business opportunity maybe for someone to start making these over here..

I ended up looking for pheasant egg cartons as they are pretty much bantam sized but there's only plastic trays or the large fibre trays available for those too.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:03:48 pm »
Its a pain in the bum really. I spent ages on ebay, amazon, checked on 'supplies for smallholders' and Ascott too but to no avail.
My 7 year old has taken a huge interest in the chickens (and I mean huge, she's out there rain or shine feeding, cleaning etc etc) and she wants to market some of the eggs (farm gate) as she says they are perfect size for small children's breakfast.  Wanted to get her some boxes and labels for her to design ... looks like we are back to straw lined 'normal' egg boxes then!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Clansman

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Ayrshire
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »
What about making your own?

This was a great idea from a Hungarian girl.

They could be made exactly to the size you need and you could customise them to suit your needs.

A nice wee touch if selling your own eggs.  ;)

http://blog.ounodesign.com/2012/07/28/new-egg-carton-design-by-hungarian-design-student-otilia-erdelyi/

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:21 pm »
 :thumbsup: brilliant

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »
thats a really nice idea-be great for coloured eggs at Easter!

nutterly_uts

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Jersey - for now :)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
The 4-egg boxes from flights of fancy are supposed to be pretty good for bantam eggs but I've never used them personally

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »
I have used them-not for bantam eggs although none of mine can be accused of laying large eggs. I got blue and yellow ones and decorated them for Easter and put blue and white eggs in them. sold quite well.

TheBantamBox

• Joined Jul 2015
    • Bantam Egg Boxes
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 09:54:10 am »
Hello Bantam keepers!

I also am a Bantam keeper (Pekins) and had the same problem as you all fitting small eggs into standard boxes. So I decided to design a Bantam size box. I will be getting a delivery of these boxes to sell on line in the next couple of months. I am in the process of building a site www.thebantambox.co.uk not active at the moment! to sell them from. Just wanted to share my new venture with some like minded chicken keepers. I have attached a picture of my prototype so that you can all get an idea. Would love to hear from any one who might be interested in purchasing them when available.  :)

Kim

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS