Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ransome Potato digger for sale  (Read 4712 times)

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
Ransome Potato digger for sale
« on: August 21, 2014, 08:46:10 am »
Putting my Ransome 2 row potato digger up for sale. Not using it this year nor probably next because I have no land under plough as I have moved.
I bought the machine 3 years ago, serviced it up and used it without problem. Last year between late August to November it lifted 2 acre which I sold.
The machine lifts the spuds from their furrows then riddles over its chain belt and leaves the spuds on the surface to be picked by hand. Did two rows at once, allow the spuds to dry off for up to an hour then pick them into hesian sacks, all the time allowing them to dry.
I have used the machine on a DB 885 (42hp) and a DB 990 (50hp). The chap who I bought it off used it on a Kubota 30 hp tractor and lifted onions, beetroot and other short root veg' besides spuds.
I will post some photographs later once I get this post up.
It is with reluctance that I am having to sell the machine. I t is only through issues with the land owner that I am moving. As soon as I get settled with some more secure affordable land then normal service will be resumed. (Can't be relying on other folks).  ???
A man who cannot till the soil cannot till his own soul !
A son of the soil .

SophieLeeds

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Yorkshire
Re: Ransome Potato digger for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:37:30 am »
Putting my Ransome 2 row potato digger up for sale. Not using it this year nor probably next because I have no land under plough as I have moved.
I bought the machine 3 years ago, serviced it up and used it without problem. Last year between late August to November it lifted 2 acre which I sold.
The machine lifts the spuds from their furrows then riddles over its chain belt and leaves the spuds on the surface to be picked by hand. Did two rows at once, allow the spuds to dry off for up to an hour then pick them into hesian sacks, all the time allowing them to dry.
I have used the machine on a DB 885 (42hp) and a DB 990 (50hp). The chap who I bought it off used it on a Kubota 30 hp tractor and lifted onions, beetroot and other short root veg' besides spuds.
I will post some photographs later once I get this post up.
It is with reluctance that I am having to sell the machine. I t is only through issues with the land owner that I am moving. As soon as I get settled with some more secure affordable land then normal service will be resumed. (Can't be relying on other folks).  ???

PM'd  :)
"The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops or livestock, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings"

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:29:50 pm »
Sorry, no photos. Cannot get the file size small enough. Can e-mail them if interested.
A son of the soil .

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 04:38:27 pm »
Pictures taken today with mobile phone.
A son of the soil .

Odin

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Huddersfield
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
The riddling chains ;-
A son of the soil .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS