Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GOS Gilt - Herefordshire  (Read 1652 times)

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
GOS Gilt - Herefordshire
« on: August 19, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »
Got a birth-notified GOS gilt, 8 months old, good conformation, correct number of teats, well set up on her pasterns.  I won't register her as she has too many spots on her skin that don't translate into spots on the hair, so considered a breed fault.  I thought it worth seeing if anyone on here would be interested in her for non-pedigree breeding as she has the most docile temperament of any gilt we've ever bred, and that's saying something.  It seems a pity for her to end up in the freezer.  If anyone would like her as an in-pig gilt I could put her to our unrelated boar in a couple of months' time.

MarthaR

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Near Abergavenny, South Wales
Re: GOS Gilt - Herefordshire
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 10:07:35 pm »
Hi Marches Farmer - I may be interested. Where in Herefordshire are you - trying to ascertain how close to me you are (I am just outside Abergavenny)?
I have CPH and pigs now but may be in the market for a good natured gilt to breed from (for onward meat production so doesn't need to be pedigree standard).
How much are you looking for if in pig in a couple of months?
Any pics?
Thanks
Martha

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:22:59 pm »
I have a photo but am finding it very difficult to upload them since the TAS site has been refurbished (don't know why).  If you PM me your e:mail address I can send it that way.  She'll be £125 in-pig. 

MarthaR

• Joined Sep 2013
  • Near Abergavenny, South Wales
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 05:15:00 pm »
Think I have just PM-d you - let me know if not as iPad playing all sorts of tricks on me at the moment! Also where in Herefordshire are you?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS