Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: mr legbar is a happy chook!  (Read 1722 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
mr legbar is a happy chook!
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:54 pm »
We had 1 female legbar, this year we tried to hatch some more, we ended up with 1 cockerel that's all!!!

Yesterday I picked up 5 legbar-legbar/crosses.

Mr legbar is happy, the 5 new ones and him are huddled together in a happy group, the 1 origianal isn't having anything to do with them though!!!

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
Re: mr legbar is a happy chook!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »
ha, they'll all settle down. cool you now have a boy though :)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »
I currently have 2-3 boys Mr legbar, Mr copper maran and possibly Mr cuckoo maran haven't decided on the last one yet!

Have build pens to keep maran flock and legbar flock seperate and the leftovers have been split on size lines rather than what they look like!

Still have to build some smaller breeding pens so I can be fussy which hens eggs we hatch next year!

Current guess is we'll end up keeping 2 cockerels total and have 5 pens with stock moved around as required.

Its keeping me busy getting it all organised!!!

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »
excellent :thumbsup: .

Steve has approved plans for a Minorca boy  :excited:  who's coming in January. Haven't run past the idea of a Marsh Daisy boy yet though..
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:48:00 pm by lord flynn »

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:35:02 pm »
All these breeding plans sound great  :thumbsup: good luck with the future generations, I may be looking your way WHEN we eventually find somewhere to expand.  :chook:

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 10:37:27 am »
Bloomer I'll sort you some out soon .Iv had eggs from 5 studs and hatched about 12 some of the best. Leg bars iv seen .The next plan is to have a utilatey line put in them .I do go to forfar and having some of mine would be good .I  could do 5 hens and a couple of cock birds say 6 weeks old and double gene silver neks .so fix you're pens up and I'll sort in the spring .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS