Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goatskin ideas?  (Read 1985 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
goatskin ideas?
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:30:12 am »
Ok so got my goatskin back  :'(
at present he is lying on my bed but I can't go past him without giving him a cuddle and bursting into tears!
So I thought maybe it would be better if I had him made into something rather than looking like a flat goat on my bed so looking for ideas? Anyone got any experience on working with skins and has any ideas on what I could with him?  :goat:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: goatskin ideas?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:03 am »
A footstool, pouffee (not sure about the spelling) or maybe jus a cushion. You could have the skin on both or just one side.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:38:56 am »
A friend of ours is a drummer. He's always asking if we can get him goat skins for drums.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:43:17 am »
don't think I could cope with the thought of someone beating on him..... ;D
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:53:24 am »
 ;D  Our goats 'hide' when he comes to our house (oh see the little play on words there? not bad for a sunday  ;)  lol)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »
I was going to say hand drums like bodhran are made of goatskin and perhaps he'd like to make music for you at a local folk group..  I think it's fun and the goat(skin) gets fed Guinness if you follow an Irish traditional music scene - it helps maintain proper tension apparently ;)

The other thing would be a book or something?  Depends what you can bear, holding in your hands, looking on your wall, putting your feet up on it, beating it could all be as bad as sleeping under it depending how you think.  I reckon if it had been my goat I'd not keep the skin but use it for someone else, and use a skin from their goat in return, just to reduce the personal attachment.  But I don't know, perhaps it will feel good one day to have preserved that part of him and used it.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:21:13 pm »
I couldn't have kept Curry's skin. I was fine with the meat because it didn't look like him but that was as far as I wanted to go.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS