Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spinning wool, help needed!  (Read 5207 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Spinning wool, help needed!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 01:13:20 am »
Even I don't look the way I expect me to. Or maybe that's I don't look the way I want to.  :roflanim:  Actually, I do really. The mirror lies to me.  :innocent: :innocent:

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 12:01:37 pm »
Even I don't look the way I expect me to. Or maybe that's I don't look the way I want to.  :roflanim:  Actually, I do really. The mirror lies to me.  :innocent: :innocent:

Made me smile.  In my head, I look slim and quite smart.  On the rare occassions when I am somewhere with shop windows, I frequently find myself thinking "Gosh, look at the clip of that fat girl with the straw in her hair" before realising it is, in fact, me.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 09:26:50 pm »
Personally, mowhaugh, I suspect that someone has changed all the mirrors and plate glass windows with those mirrors that distort you and make you look fatter than you really are. That can be the only explanation for my reflection.  :innocent:  Not sure how they get it to make me look as if I have huge bags under my eyes though.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »
And here's a lovely pic of one of the spinners spinning :)

Love the socks! Always a sign of a busy knitter!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 06:45:02 pm »
there used to be a lady who advertised in one of the smallholding mags for hand spinning, but when i phoned her up, she had a years waiting list and a ball of wool from our own fleece was about £6 a ball - and that was 10 years ago.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS