Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cats Protection  (Read 4726 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Cats Protection
« on: February 05, 2010, 08:36:38 pm »
I gave my friend at our local cats protection a call today to try and find another cat to keep Jaks company. She has been pretty down since Paws died and needs a friend. I was told they are overun with cats of all ages so I have left it to her to choose a cat for me. She knows our set up well and I would find it almost impossible to choose one cat over another. I told her all about Jaks who is very easy going unlike our Burmese who hates other cats and being outside. Jaks is a stable cat as was Paws until the last few months of his life when we took him into the house. I think if Cleo our Burmese was a person then she would be a super model, as far as she is concerned life is all about her, at 15 she has lost almost all her teeth which is a problem with the breed so my vet says. she spends most of her winter days cooking herself on our central heating boiler and only comes off for food and the litter tray. When I die I hope I come back as a posh cat with caring people to wait on me hand and foot.  :cat:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Cats Protection
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »
When I die I hope I come back as a posh cat with caring people to wait on me hand and foot.  :cat:

;D ;D
Little Blue

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:31:53 pm »
I kept an oriental cat when I was younger - she was beautiful, she was shorthaired, beige with dark points and paws, and blue eyes, and she was exactly like you described; the world revolved around her, and she would only eat the best food. She was also extremely vocal at nights, and there were times when I'd throw a pillow at her and yell at her to shut up!  >:(

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:57:00 pm »
Well we now have a very large grey cat who came to us on Monday. He already had the name Barnaby and is around three years old. Very friendly, at the moment he has taken over my bed. I have him in the house during the day then I put him into a pen in the barn at night as we want him to be a stable cat to help Jaks with the mice. She has shown quite an interest in him which is good. He is a bit wary of the chickens but not so much of my dogs which makes me think he came from a home with a dog in it. I have to take him to the vet on Monday to be mircochipped and hope to give him the run of the place in a couple of weeks.  :cat:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »
Welcome Barnaby! sounds like he's settled already...
Little Blue

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

I got a really nice Tom cat from our local rescue centre, followed the advice to keep him in for 2 weeks, he was an outdoor cat so kept him in the tackroom. At the end of the 2 weeks we put a catflap in the door for him. That night he left and has never been seen again.
We now have a lovely female cat called Maisie who is very small but a fantastic ratter.
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS