Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Inserting Quotes  (Read 7901 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Inserting Quotes
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:45:56 am »
I have often placed a quote from another members post when replying to that area specifically.
For some reason I cannot do it now  ???
Has something on TAS changed or is it at my end?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Inserting Quotes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:56:15 am »
I've had the same thing for a while now.  It works from the main screen where you read the post you want to quote, where there is a big 'QUOTE' button, but not from searches or below where you are writing a post.  So you just have to work from the main display of the post, and use the 'QUOTE' button. If that makes any sense?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 12:41:25 pm »
I've had the same thing for a while now.  It works from the main screen where you read the post you want to quote, where there is a big 'QUOTE' button, but not from searches or below where you are writing a post.  So you just have to work from the main display of the post, and use the 'QUOTE' button. If that makes any sense?

Aahhhhed, that helped  :thumbsup: thanks x

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 01:08:47 pm »

Aahhhhed, that helped  :thumbsup: thanks x

So I see !   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »
Yes, I do the same but it's not so easy when you want to use several quotes in one reply.

Dan??????

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 04:22:58 pm »
I do do it, but it takes a bit of organising.

Make as if to write a post quoting each post you want to quote.

Now cut and paste them into the one you actually want to write.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:54:55 pm »
That's quite a lot of hassle compared with the ease we used to have. I can see how it would work though.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:41:27 pm »
This has been fixed now and the 'Insert quote' function is working again.  :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 05:39:07 pm »
This has been fixed now and the 'Insert quote' function is working again.  :thumbsup:

Well so it is :)

Thanks Dan !  :)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 08:40:35 am »
:thumbsup: thanks dan

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS