Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone travelling up North to Lanark  (Read 3613 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Anyone travelling up North to Lanark
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:37:03 am »
Just thought I would ask in case - is anyone travelling up to the smallholder show Lanark from the Peak District area - probably too far but just in case.

Looking at trying to get a gotland ram lamb up from Roxy - I can take it from Lanark to Aberdeenshire - thanks for looking  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Anyone travelling up North to Lanark
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 04:00:27 pm »
We are about 30 minutes from Manchester - right on the Derbyshire and Cheshire border.  Could possibly bring ram lamb a little further North if there is a potential lift available in the Cheshire or Lancashire area.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 08:07:06 pm »
I'm having a Ryeland ram from down that way (I think) - I'm picking him up from the Carlisle RB sale on 20th September. I'll check where he is and let you know.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:47:16 pm »
Thank you Rosemary - spoke to Helen this morning and he is very keen to get Roxy's ram lamb so hopefully the power of TAS will win  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:45 pm »
This does sound promising!!  That's very kind of Rosemary.  We are probably about two and a half hours from Carlisle.  So long as I did not get to the RB sale and come back with something.  Will take a pic of the ram lamb when the rain stops.  His father is a lovely colour - almost white, and mother a nice darker grey, almost blue looking.  He was born 6th April, and is growing well.  We are 1000ft above sea level here, so he is used to rather bleak conditions!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »
If you can get him to Carlisle on the 20th, I'll bring him here.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS