Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Speedy delivery  (Read 1569 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Speedy delivery
« on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:01 pm »
After my attempt at Nuno felting I have caught the bug and ordered 2 used 100% silk sarees from India to use in the felting process.
The expected delivery was 4-6 weeks. I ordered on 20th July and have just received them today. considering its come from New Delhi I think thats pretty fantastic.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: Speedy delivery
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »
My experience of traders in Dheli is that they are incredibly efficient. I once bought a whole load of stuff from a trader there on my way to Khathmandu and asked them to keep it by for me until I could pick it up on my return. Five weeks later, not only had they packaged it all up beautifully but, when my flight from Khathmandu was delayed by six hours they dropped it all off at my hotel after hours.  :D :D

Hope you get a great piece of work out of your saris
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »
You could go one step further Sally and get some silk worms and produce your own home grown silk .
We did this at school when i was 9 , and i raised a shed full just after that .
I got about 10 moths from my teacher , each one lays 200-300 eggs . Bred a few generations and had thousands .
I got the food via London zoo .
I only made a relatively small amount of silk material , but had tons of the yarn .
Making the material on a loom from school was hard work , i was only 9 !
But it can be done , and is quite easy .
I have thought of doing it again , but i have no real use for silk .

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Speedy delivery
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »
Russ, that sounds very interesting.
You could always sell the silk or perhaps barter it for other things that you want.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:15:51 pm »
There are loads of videos of people in asian villages  rearing silkworms , processing the silk and then weaving it at unbelievable speed . They have been doing that all their lives , and the quality is first rate , they starve if it isn't . I could never get as good or as fast as them , like my knitting , i could only get good enough for my own supply , which is all i want anyway really .
In the main , i can make or grow whatever i want . Anything i can't make or grow , i am quite happy to go without , with a few exceptions .
 Setting up on a semi commercial basis , even to barter , ends up with me needing to be on the merry go round again , not going to happen lol .
If i wanted a few silk shirts i would make a little set up and do it , it is very easy  , but i don't . Linen will do me .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS