Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lying down in big group?  (Read 1850 times)

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
lying down in big group?
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:28:29 pm »
so my 4 first sheep (2 ewes and one lamb at foot each) are often lying down together in a big group, i'm not sure if it is just whilst i am around as i went further up the field to mow round some trees and they were standing up and grazing and they often are just as i turn up i think.
is this just because the place is new (they turned up 19:30 yesterday so not 24 hours yet) and being flock animals they stick together and this is just a defensive/protective thing?
Cheers Ed

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: lying down in big group?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:36:14 pm »
Probably so ;D .  Congratulations Ed on your first sheep.  You will spend hours watching them :thinking: .

Young Ed

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:55:00 pm »
thanks, trying not to be paranoid but i am a first time dad so it's hard!
Cheers Ed

Melmarsh

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »
Congratulations on your new stock, the best way to learn about them is to watch them, its a great way to learn how they interact with their surroundings, you and each other . If they came together there, having been together they will stick together until they have sussed out their new place. Enjoy them and good luck. :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS