Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dangerous mug at large  (Read 4121 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Dangerous mug at large
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:56 pm »
I wanted to scoop some Caprivite from the big tub into a smaller container so I grabbed a mug out of the cupboard and pushed it into the powder. The handle snapped in my hand, cutting my finger and making it bleed. I dread to think what would have happened if someone had used it for a hot drink -  a nasty scald I suspect. It was an old mug but I didn't expect it to be dangerous.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Dangerous mug at large
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »
The young ones can be as bad.  :eyelashes:   I made a cuppa for myself and my cousin the other day.  Wondered why there was a puddle on the worktop under one of the mugs - thought I'd had a shoogly haun and poured over the side of it.  Morag picked the mug up and the bottom fell out!  :innocent:  Could have happened on our knees!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:11:18 am »
It's scary when you have a near miss like that. This mug had been used so many times so what went wrong this time is anybody's guess.

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:44:14 am »
I must have a 'good un' - used for my breakfast since my best friend gave it to me for my 16th birthday!! Well over 30 years old and used every morning - slightly sad but it wouldn't be the same in another mug!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 04:43:31 pm »
Those are always the best mugs to have.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:02:50 pm »

For sheer inanimate malevolence you can't beat a mug.  We had one which played Jingle Bells every time it was lifted up.  After a while I felt like smashing it to bits, but out of the kindness of my heart I just chucked it in the dustbin.  Until the dustbin men came to take it away, every time we opened the lid of the bin, we'd be hit with Jingle Bells  :roflanim:  I'm sure it went on calling out even when it was in the landfill - I wonder if anyone heard and rescued it ?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:23:55 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim:

I remember those. They're funny the first few times then drive you demented. Good move throwing it away. You could have given it to a charity shop and annoyed someone else though.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:37:55 pm »
I have a ''Little Miss Sunshine' one that my first husband gave me in my christmas stocking one year - he died in 1991 so it is at least that old!   :excited:  I'd completely forgotten I had it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:15 pm »
What a lovely keepsake. You must treasure it.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 02:26:10 pm »
My  fave mugs - left to right a gift from a Judging appointment in Norway - one of their Brittany champions; next is my first Brittany, Brett - someone had taken a photo of him and was selling these mugs, so I bought a couple ;); then one of the sire of Hester my first German Wirehair; then another one of Brett, then two chicken ones that friends have given me.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 03:47:32 pm »
What a lovely collection. Do you dare use them? I'd be scared of breaking one.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »
Oh they are all used - I drink a lot of tea and coffee  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »
And why not indeed. :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS