Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Transporting pork  (Read 1944 times)

Rosiecrad

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Somerset
Transporting pork
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:22 am »
Hello :wave:
I've not been on here for a while but hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

If I want to sell pork to the public how to I go about it? How do i transport the pork from the abbatoir to the butcher and then from the butcher to the customer? If I have to store the pork at home how do I go about that to comply with regulations?

Many thanks x

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Transporting pork
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:37:09 pm »
Contact your EHO, and they will send you a ,Safer Food Better Business' pack with a DVD, a lot is to do food service but it covers all the things that EHO are read hot on.
 If you are selling direct from the butcher the meat will be chilled but you will need insulated containers. If you something like this,http://www.pecheur.com/en/gb/buy-cool-box-portable-igloo-237l-88465.html?af=393329&gclid=CPDGh8f_3r8CFcSWtAodsUIA_w, and use ice packs, and one of these http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Hygiplas-Fridge-Freezer-Thermometer-With-Alarm/F314/ProductDetail.raction they hold their temperature really well. If you use fridges/freezer for storage keep them separate from household and keep records of temperature. EHO love paperwork so keep records of suppliers and label everything with a date. They also love handwash facilities(rightly) so if you are going to be handling the meat make sure you have some.
 Nibets are wonderful for bits and bobs.

Rosiecrad

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Somerset
Re: Transporting pork
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:35:07 pm »
Thank you, much appreciated  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS