Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Totaly P***ED Off  (Read 3369 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Totaly P***ED Off
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »
We are on spring water and over the last couple of days the pressure has been very low. It takes me 45 mins just to get enough water for the goats  ::) well tonight we have NO water at all !
Been onto the estate that supplies the water and there is a massive burst and its going to be off until Tuesday  >:( >:( >:(
Looks like the goats are going to have river water although not convinced its a good idea because the river has a very high lead in it from the old lead mines
Graham

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Re: Totaly P***ED Off
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:52:35 pm »
Oh dear that sounds awful. Don't you have IBC containers on your shelters? I have on all mine and very rarely run out of water. Saves me a fortune on water bill. Only problem I have is stopping it going green, I have to keep running it out. Need to paint tanks.

:fc: You find a solution before Tuesday.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »
I can understand your frustration. It's a long time until Tuesday. How are you supposed to manage without water or will they bring you some?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 06:41:51 am »
Oh no :o

pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:27:51 am »
Oh, no, are they at least supplying you with bottled water for human consumption?

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:38:43 am »
No nothing, we have been to the shop and bought some water for ourselves. river water for flushing the loo and at the moment we are using the water we managed to fill up before it went off but that will be gone today
Been onto the estate as have several others and complained. They are supposedly sending someone up there today
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 09:30:26 pm »
That's ridiculous. Surely they owe you some compensation to cover the cost of water.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:59:36 pm »
Water is back on today but for the first hour it was coming through muddy Brown  :o had the outside tap running for ages before it cleared enough to use as drinking water for the goats  :-\
Graham

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 10:51:43 pm »
I'm glad you've got it back on. Hope it is fixed permanently now.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »
Glad you are flowing again  :relief:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 12:42:12 am »
Good you have water again.  Our goats are drinking an alarming amount with this hot weather, so was just wondering how you would manage.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS