Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig food and goats  (Read 7373 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Pig food and goats
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:14 pm »
Yes willow is a natural form of aspirin - so pain relief! Also maybe she wants some ivy leaves? Have you got any nice hay? Difficult at this time of year I know, but I would try really hard to get her eating again...

Some soaked shreds dusted down with bran? But hazel leaves (dry) should also be good.

Not quite sure what else I could advise though, I guess if she has come this far there is hope she will continue to improve!  :fc:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:06 am »
I have only ever seen a goat be sick once, and that had bloat.  All frothy grass came out of her nose and mouth.  I would have thought the pig food would have gone through her system by now, so hopefully she is feeling better. 

I would be happier if she was cudding, but like you say, she needs to be eating first.  At least she is drinking, but I suppose the pig food has dried her out. I would tempt her with things like digestive biscuits, cream crackers, a banana, anything to get her eating again.

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 10:31:44 pm »
Well things looking good. I brought Thistle home today and she is happier in the shelter pen. She's eaten a handful of chaff, nuts, oil and balancer plus a few more hazel leaves and hay.  :fc: She keeps improving.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 11:15:28 pm »
That sounds more positive. Hope she is back to normal soon.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS