Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from us at Pevensey  (Read 3088 times)

ponylady

• Joined Jul 2014
Hello from us at Pevensey
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:01:26 am »
Hi, just registered on here and thought I would introduce us all.
I have 3 acres of rough pasture on Pevensey Marsh, right on the main tourist trail, which helps keep the fox away, but makes for some interesting and very strange questions and incidents!
It can be tough on the marsh, hot and dry in the summer, and very very wet some winters.
I have 3 ponies, 1 of whom is supposed to being broken to harness - when I get round to it!
I have 3 agility/obedience dogs.
And lastly, although generally first in the list of priorities, a flock of 19 mixed breed hens.

Bigdreams

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Devon
Re: Hello from us at Pevensey
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »
Hello from West Sussex  :wave: What questions and incidents have occurred Ponylady? ;D Intrigued to hear!
Dreaming big

ponylady

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:40:02 pm »
Well, there was the incident where a family went for a walk inappropriately dressed for the mud. The assured me they would be fine. My NF pony was standing by the fence, and gently out her nose up to say hello ... the young man rushed backwards and fell into the hedge ......

Another lady asked if the hens laid eggs. Then asked what breed the brown ones are ...,.. then pointed to my light Sussex girls and asked if they were cockerels .....

An Australian tourist asked if there where fish in the river ... when I said yes, he asked if there were also crocodiles ....

Bigdreams

• Joined Jul 2014
  • Devon
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:46:52 pm »
 ;D hahaha brilliant!! maybe you should have a fake croc floating around, would defiantly get them talking  :P
Dreaming big

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 07:49:35 pm »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie  :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 10:59:35 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire. I grew up in Hastings so am very familiar with Pevensey Marsh and area.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »
Pevensey! Oh goodness. My formative year were spent there.

Many happy days spent walking on the marsh. Do they still have sheep roaming around all over the place?

My first real boyfriend tried to teach me to water-ski in Pevensey Bay. Trouble was that that the water was so cold that my arms and legs turned blue. Not really very attractive. Still you could always go up to the castle to warm up. It always seemed to be sunny there.

A great place to start a smallholding. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS