Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3813 times)

p80yle

• Joined Jun 2014
Hello
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:45:26 pm »
Hey all, I'm new.  I run a small holding part-time with my dad, and just started a social farming course.  So I though I would join up.

http://www.socialfarmingacrossborders.org/

I'm looking advice on a piece of software to help run our farm, its a small beef farm, they are all too expensive £400+ per year, anybody got any advice?

Thanks!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:13:30 pm »
 :wave: welcome from Caithness. Looks like a great project. We had a discussion lately here about this sort of idea. Can't help with the software question but no doubt someone else will be along who can. Be really interesting if you can keep us updated about your progress.  :thumbsup: Cheers.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 10:40:40 pm »
 :thumbsup: and welcome from sunny Shropshire.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:50:30 am »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie  :wave:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 10:05:11 am »
Hi there  :wave:

We're beef and sheep farmers in Cumbria.

I'm looking advice on a piece of software to help run our farm, its a small beef farm, they are all too expensive £400+ per year, anybody got any advice?

We use Farm Matters from Lines Mitchell.  It's cheaper than the others you mention, though still nearly £200 pa.  It does the job for us for our cattle.  It'll do sheep too but I've never set ours up for that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 10:07:54 am by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Couttsb

• Joined May 2014
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:44 pm »
Hello and welcome from Aberdeenshire  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS