Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: So sad...  (Read 5329 times)

HappyHippy

Re: So sad...
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 08:26:17 pm »
Do you want some little black Dexters who come running when you call them? Orchid would make a super house cow and twiglets a darling....
I like Dexters, but all the ones I've met have been more than a little nuts  :o
Are they short legged? Horned? Halter trained? And has Orchid ever been milked before?
My gut feeling is they'd be too little and milking might be difficult (I'm almost 6ft tall and to bulky to be terribly bendy  ;) ) but I'll mention it to the Mr and see what he says.

Bloomer - empty freezer and close to a whole Molly already reserved, think I might end up as possesive over my beef as Bruce is with his pork  ;) :roflanim:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 08:27:35 pm »
am i on the reserved list?

HappyHippy

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 08:33:32 pm »
You can be  ;D
We were planning mixed boxes, most likely to include, roasting joint, steak, diced, mince, burgers & sausage. 5kg, 10kg or whatever amount you want and if you've any special requests just let me know and I'll tell the butcher  :thumbsup:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 07:37:00 am »
I sent someone your way, hh, that asked about Shetland beef at the Highland Show. Can't remember if I copied you into the email from / to them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS