Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tiny teats  (Read 32433 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Tiny teats
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
Do you just swap the jars over but use the same lid or have you made another one with tubes and all?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2014, 11:47:29 pm »
I looked up Mason jars on Ebay but only came up with ones in the US or 'vintage' ones at a ridiculous price! Was hoping just to change lids over once jar was full so it was sealed etc and I could carry on milking.
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:20 pm »
I paid £5 for mine  :-\

I just swap the lid over and give the motor another blast...
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:02 pm »
If ever I get to the stage where she is giving me more than about a quarter pint, I'll do the same. The babies can't keep suckling for ever.

Calvadnack

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2014, 12:54:35 pm »
Dansha milker arrived.  Day 2 and my girl is so much happier she gave a good 2 pints this morning, with no fuss or stress. This is definitely the way forward for us. Thank you to the pioneer users, your experiences have been so useful.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2014, 01:01:15 pm »
glad to hear that Calvadnack  :thumbsup:

we couldn't do our milking with out it now, well we could but my hands would be in bits
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:46 pm »
I've had a problem in that my machine stop sucking although the motor was working. Fortunately Cloud's teats have developed enough for me to be able to hand milk her but my hands don't like doing both of them. I emailed Dansha Farms on Friday evening, had a reply on Saturday morning to say they would replace the motor, another one Saturday to say that they would send the tracking number as soon as they had one. This morning I had an email with the tracking number and notification that it would be sent tomorrow. That's what I call good service.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS