Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Environmentally Friendly Cat Litter  (Read 8995 times)

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Re: Environmentally Friendly Cat Litter
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 06:08:04 pm »
When I was wee (more than half a century ago) my Dad used to use sawdust for cat litter, mind you it didn't do the roses much good when he spread the used stuff round them and boy did the garden stink when it was sunny! I use the wood pellets but as we are in quite a horsey area I might give this Auboise a try.
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Environmentally Friendly Cat Litter
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 04:47:09 pm »

Cat litter drives me mad and I dispose of it in the general rubbish bin, double bagged. I have never used Auboise horse bedding but use wood shavings meant for horses for my chickens. I wonder if that would work. I'm gonna give it a try.
Well, as I said back in May I was gonna give this a try. OH has been making bee hives with western red cedar so there was a big bag full of those shavings. It has been working a treat. Everybit as good as shop bought cat litter and not as heavy to lug around. Someone else also said they line the litter tray with newspaper first so I have been doing that also. Cat usually gets motoring or sport but she doesn't seem to mind  ;D  This is definitely making it easier to clean.  :thumbsup:   
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS