Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Natural shampoo for humans...and dogs.  (Read 6194 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Natural shampoo for humans...and dogs.
« on: May 12, 2014, 09:00:39 am »
Its Baaath Time now make a solid, goats milk shampoo bar called "Goatylocks" (enriched with castor oil, shea butter and other skin loving oils as well as Bergamot & Ylang Ylang essential oils to make it smell nice  ;D  )  We've had some amazing feedback and users have found it to help itchy scalps and to detangle childrens hair too.

Not forgetting canine friends,  we have produced a dog shampoo. This is named "Auld Hemp" after one of the most famous Border collies to ever herd sheep.   Full of natural goodness, this leaves pongy pooches fluffy and smelling fragrant (virginian cedarwood, lavender and sweet orange)   very quick to rinse, only one application needed *usually - depending on dogs recent proximity to fox poo obviously  ;D

visit www.itsbaaathtime.com or PM me on here to ask any questions
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
Re: Natural shampoo for humans...and dogs.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:03:31 pm »
Great! I've been waiting for this! Can't wait to try it!!

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »
Just ordered some Plums (plus a few other bits). Can't wait to try them; I love nice soap. Have you ever made soap with Rosemary essential oil? I'm struggling to find any and thought I may try my hand if I can find a good recipe. I loved the body shop rosemary and bergamot shower gel but they don't seem to do it anymore.

Helen

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:50:40 pm »
Thank you for the orders! will post them out tomorrow.

Funny you should ask about the Rosemary Waddy, I've just put an order in for some new essential oils (Rosemary being one of them!) as I'm on a mission to make a new blend.  I love bergamot so if it goes well with that I might just give it a go, was planning bergamot/sweet orange ...  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 05:01:31 pm »
I can see me ordering more!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Helen

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »
Wow! PROMISE you will keep doing this  or give me the recipe if you stop!  As you may or may not know, I grow my hair until I can't stand it anymore (about 5 or 6 years!) and then have it all sheared off to make wigs for little princess trust.... It's mid legnth at mo and going through a particularly tangled 'I wanna be dreadlocks ' stage... Feel,like it needs a trim, but resisting..... Anyway, washed it with the bar, felt quite squeaky but could get my fingers through it so skipped conditioner....  FANTASTIC! Smells nice, works - THANKS so much!  I used to use a shampo bar from a lovely shop in sad mouth, but bee using brilliant brunette and Aussie moisture miracle recently cause of tangles... Costa fortune, full of chemicals and packaging. VERY happy to be not having to buy them again :excited: :hug:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:04:58 pm »
Hi FiB - thank you SO much for your feedback!!  My 12 year old is sat next to me and we read it together and the ironic thing is, only yesterday Milli was saying she saw a youtube clip about a girl who grew her hair long so she could donate it to a charity...and she wanted to learn more so she could do the same! I'm so pleased to hear that Goatylocks has helped to detangle your hair, particularly as you are growing it for such an amazing cause.
We are now googling Little Princess Trust  :) 

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:34:58 pm »
Ah go for it ... It's very exciting :-). And soooooo much easier than having a regular haircut ;-) and I get it done at my hairdressing college - the student was very nervous! Do you have Facebook page?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:38:01 pm by FiB »

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »
Ahhh fab pictures!! what a lovely smile you have!  I'll show this to Milli tomorrow, she's completely sure now that she wants to follow your example.   such a lovely thing you do and your've inspired my daughter too xx

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 08:15:18 am »
My soaps arrived yesterday. I will be trying Goatylocks this morning and then washing the dog in Auld Hemp.
Thanks Lisa
 :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 11:26:54 pm »
ordered some items yesterday how long do you take to process orders so I can make sure someones here to collect them. smhowie

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 11:37:37 am »
It is being posted out to you today - first class mail  :)  Just emailed you to see if you'd like it sent to a different (work)  address.. let me know before 12!  Lisa 

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 12:16:02 pm »
homes fine son home from college for the summer

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »
Its on its way!  :)

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01:38 am »
arrived yesterday afternoon many thanks
 :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS