Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: . Singer spare parts ?  (Read 3531 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
. Singer spare parts ?
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:10:21 pm »
I have an old singer 29k58 'patching' sewing machine , the type cobblers and leather workers use .
It is an old hand crank type where the handle can be fitted on the front or side .
Some parts are missing though . The bobbin and a foot to start with . After that i get a bit vague , as i don't have a book with the parts listed .
I would like to get it going so i can make my own boots , my hand sewing is very slow and untidy , plus hand sewing is murder on my hands due to trigger tendon and carpel tunnel syndrome .
Are there any places/people  that sell parts , spares and general items for this machine , it is still in general use i believe .
I can't afford to buy a fully working s/h one , as they seem to sell for about £1,000-£1500 , i saw one for £750 in worse nick than mine .
(i got mine free !) .

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: . Singer spare parts ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »
You could try the singer service help line 02073367986. They might be able to tell you of a local supplier or if there is a spare parts department for older equipment.

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:22:59 pm »
A wander round ebay should find you some sellers who are also machine repairers. You would need a place that deals with commercial machines.

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:39 pm »
This might help with knowing what parts you are missing:

http://mediaclean.free.fr/singer29k/manualuser29k58-62.pdf

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:57:16 am »
Thanks peeps .
Unfortunately my mobile can't/won't do pdf's , either to view or even download such items , so no go there .
Ebay is very difficult to play with on my mob too . Very specific items i can sort of trace ok , but pics on ebay no longer load up , and the descriptions don't always load fully either .
I did have a pdf manual on a pc , but it died , so lost the pdf , oh how i love digital technology .
 Thanks again Russ .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS