Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Abacot Ranger Ducks  (Read 2209 times)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
Abacot Ranger Ducks
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:29:07 am »
hi-am enquiring on behalf of a neighbour but does anyone know of a breeder of these ducks in Scotland? We are between Lanark/Biggar.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
Re: Abacot Ranger Ducks
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:35:16 am »
The British Waterfowl Association only has four breeders listed and they're all in England (and South at that - Wiltshire, Cornwall, Gloucestershire and Dorset). The Wiltshire breeders are the people I got my geese from and are top breeders of both the geese and ducks so if you can't find anybody locally, it might be worth getting hatching eggs sent up?

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:00:21 am »
thanks-for the life of me I can't find their details on the site-would you mind pointing me in the right direction please? Chap isn't in a big hurry so if breeders were to show later in the year, I might be able to work out a transport relay. Hatching eggs is a possibility but I personally have never had much luck with postal eggs and its me with the incubator-never hatched duck eggs either.

HesterF

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Kent
  • HesterF
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 11:32:26 am »
Hi,

No problem - I think they don't list all the breeders on the site but if you join you get a handbook of breeders which I happen to have received last week!

The four breeders are:

Mr and Mrs G Chase  (Nr.Salisbury, Wiltshire) 01794 390624 beech997@yahoo.co.uk
Mrs J Jarvis (St. Colomb, Cornwall) 01822 854324 jackiescakes@talktalk.net
Mrs C Lovegrove (Pendock, Gloucestershire) 01531 650918 clare@pro-agri.co.uk
Mr L Millward (Poole, Dorset) 07788 230 860 ikmillward@me.com

I imagine they're all likely to show - Geoff Chase is the outgoing president of the BWA so he's certainly active and the Cornwall lady is the Cornwall co-ordinator so she's also likely to be active. They may also know other smaller breeders who are further North - Geoff would be a good person to ask about that and both he and Sue are really helpful with advice (I still e-mail on the regular basis with goose related questions!).

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:35:37 am »
that is brilliant, thanks!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS