Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Breathing  (Read 2539 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
Breathing
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:35 am »
Hi, my last Boreray lambed twins last night. This morning she seems to be breathing fast and grinding her teeth ?
Is it right that means shes in pain ? Vaguely remember someone telling me thats the case with goats.
She did pass the placenta, I removed it. Any thoughts  please  :thinking:

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
Re: Breathing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:51 am »
when you say you removed it, i gather she d had dropped it? 

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:19:22 am »
Yup in the straw, shes nervous so maybe she doesnt like being in a pen in the shed and is letting me know ?  :thinking:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:34:13 am »
Uterine involution is very, very painful (I am told!) and is stimulated by oxytocin release after suckling etc, this will be happening now. Thats probably all it is, and a little bruising from the birth. Probably nothing.

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:18 pm »
Thank you ME  :thumbsup: Just been back out she was not doing it till l came in the shed and sat watching them.
No hardness of the udder. She ate her food. Will keep an eye, got to make sure little feller is getting enough milk too, not quite got the ' sookin' right yet  :love:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:56 pm »
It doesn't make a lot of sense but there you go, I have often seen my ewes appearing painful when passing the after birth and just after so prepared to believe it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS