Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: smallholding for sale (wow)  (Read 5336 times)

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
smallholding for sale (wow)
« on: April 20, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »
67 acres 2 bed cottage, outbuildings, private, stream & pond nice views & it's only 395

www.tynant23.co.uk

Hope this lets some one explore their dream

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: smallholding for sale (wow)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »
Just been looking on Google Earth, I like my hillside home, live at 1,000 feet but that looks a harsh place to live, the house is at about 350 metres :-), just worked it out, not that much different to here, but the hills around don't look as if they'd be good feed for the beasts. Be nice in summer though,

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:53:38 pm »
And all the hay fields are on the other side of the road... on that acreage I would have thought you really need the possibility to make your own winter fodder....

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:46:39 pm »
very nice

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:32:38 pm »
It does look nice to start with, though after Anke and hillbilly posted I too looked at google etc, they are right that's some tuff going ground you are never getting top quality off that grass.
So they're right then "you get what you pay for"

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:58:46 am »
I think I viewed this place when we were looking for somewhere to buy. If it's the one I remember it's alright as a dream but more inhospitable when you get there.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:02 pm »
Its just what we are looking for, and has been for sale for a long time so might be open to offers. However we still cant get a mortgage for that much, even though our current rent payments are far higher than the mortgage repayments on it would be.

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 06:18:15 pm »
Hi Moony,
If this is still available
Nationwide base mortgages on affordability not gross income, also the Woolwich used to offer a mortgage based on your outgoings and savings, so for example if you save 1k a month and your rent is 1k a month they will use both figures to calculate your mortgage repayment ability, the Woolwich thing you had to bank with them at least a year but maybe light at the end of tunnel thingy

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 12:29:45 am »
Personally I'd pass on it as I could never be a hill farmer & would want at least a few neighbors - & I like where we are as it's close to civilization & the countryside x

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »
Hey Moony, just realised we must be just over t'hill from you in Hebden Bridge, near Widdop Road, it may be harsh sometimes up here but be careful what you wish for  ;D

moony

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Dent
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 08:07:38 pm »
I'd love the isolation there and remoteness there. We are not far from you at all. Used to travel that way a lot as shod a few horses in Heptonstall and Blackshaw Head. We are actually leaving this part of the world in a fortnight and moving up country to Dent as we have just bought a chunk of land up that way and rent another bit on a fell near Hawes. Hoping it will be a welcome change from bordering onto the allotments in Nelson as we are overrun with thieves, problem dog walkers and lampers at the moment.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS