Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goodbye rocky  (Read 4495 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
goodbye rocky
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »
Had to get our old pony put down today 28 years old and been going down hill for the last three years especially in the winter. This morning he was down and I couldn't get him up but eventually managed he would not eat and looked bad so made the hard decision. Vet said he could give me all kinds of medicine which would maybe prolong his life for a while and cost a fortune or just let him have a dignified end. He had a good life was a sweet natured pony and will be missed.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: goodbye rocky
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »
Aw, so sorry to hear about Rocky. It's always so sad when a much loved animal dies. At least he's a had his last few days in the sun  :hug:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:49:39 pm »
You did the right thing  :bouquet: Sleep peacefully Rocky x

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »
 :'(

:hug:
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:32:32 pm »
Sorry to hear that, you made the right choice. 

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 08:46:57 pm »
He's lived to a good age, you have done him proud  :hug:  :bouquet:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 10:03:13 pm »
So sorry for your loss.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 10:26:42 pm »
I'm sorry he's gone. He's obviously had a great life with you  :hug:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 02:11:18 am »
 :bouquet:

They leave a hole, don't they.  But he had a long and happy life, and didn't have to suffer at the end.  Lucky Rocky.

The hardest decision to make, but so important that we do this for them.   :hug:

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:07 pm »
He,s away, Monday lorry to big to get turned into lane so had to get a lone of a tractor with a front loader to lift him into lorry the knacker man was very good and even spoke to Rocky when he was sorting things out. His wee Shetland companion is missing him got a couple of rams in with him for company.Thanks everyone for your kind words.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 05:32:12 pm »
Aw, sorry to hear that Dougie, sounds like he had a good life and you've done him proud.  :hug:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:15 pm »
Sorry to read this Dougie - like above, nice he said a few last days in the sun and was obviously well loved  :hug:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 07:26:23 am »
It's such a hard decision to make but you did the best for him, a few nice days in the sun too!  :hug:
Anne

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 03:26:37 pm »
So sorry, but it was obviously time.  Three of my oldies came through the winter months, and then about this time I lost them - I think the winter does take its toll on the older animals.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS