Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: b!@t%rd fox  (Read 4894 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: b!@t%rd fox
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 03:36:28 pm »
All this releasing foxes into the countryside makes me mad. We are over run with foxes, many are mange ridden and quite unwell (and they pass that mange onto my goats!!)  There was 8 trapped and despatched not all that long ago, most were very ill.
We found out recently that the people who used to live in this house released foxes from a wildlife centre into the fields here and fed them... no wonder we still have issues. 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ideation

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:36 pm »
Sometimes I sort of wish they would release them near me  :fc:

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »
I lost some lambs last year, the ewes lambed in a shed by the house as it was very cold.  Two ewes had twins, I checked them and all were fine, next morning there were only two lambs!   ???   No sign of the other two lambs.  Then the following morning another ewe was lambing, I looked out the window and there was a huge fox sitting in the shed opening right by the house!  I rushed outside and it just sauntered slowly away and sat about 50yds just looking at me.  Could have done with a gun then!
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 10:18:35 pm »
I never understood why animal welfare folks waste time and money fixing busted vermin. They get no money for it from me.
Being sentimental about vermin is madness.

Hope you shoot your problem foxes before they take any more stock.

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 11:56:56 pm »
i had never even seen fox this year just going out to singles where there was twins before.  the first night the  shooter guys came in i told them i didnt care if it was a panda from edinburgh zoo if it was at my lambs then rattle it .  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS