Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What an idiot  (Read 4292 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
What an idiot
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:52 am »
I have been making hot cross buns this morning.
I put the nice little round buns on a baking sheet to rise, turned round and there was the dried fruit I had carefully weighed out  :(
What a fool I felt. Anyway, put it all back in a bowl and incorporated the fruit. Hopefully no one will know the difference  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
Re: What an idiot
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:08:43 pm »
I forgot to add 200g melted butter to a lemon drizzle cake on Sunday... Was quite surprised it ended up being a good looking cake, tasted alright too, just was stale by Tuesday! Silly!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:01 pm »
In our house lemon drizzle cake wouldn't have lasted until Tuesday anyway.......
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:38 pm »
When my eldest grandson was quite wee, I forgot to put yeast in the breadmaker mix.  It went through the whole programme and presented us with some lovely warm playdough - kept him happy for hours  ::)

Hot cross buns -  :hungry:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:27:44 pm »
Someone I used to work with made a cake, put it in the oven and, ten minutes later, remembered she hadn't put baking powder in it. She scraped it out of the tin, stirred in the bp and shoved it back in the oven. Her OH (not knowing about this) said it was the best cake she'd ever made.  :roflanim:

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:29:38 pm »
I was making a treacle and ginger traybake a little while ago - got distracted (was doing a million other things at the same time) and ended up forgetting to put the butter AND sugar in....!!!

Ended up with ginger and treacle bread type thing in the end - very tasty, low fat and particularly yummy toasted with banana  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Min

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 03:37:38 pm »
When my eldest grandson was quite wee, I forgot to put yeast in the breadmaker mix.  It went through the whole programme and presented us with some lovely warm playdough - kept him happy for hours  ::)

Hot cross buns -  :hungry:

I once put a bread cycle on without the aid of the stirring bar. That didn't work.

I had a lucky escape last week when I switched it on (having carefully made sure I put the stirrer in. Won't make that mistake twice, no siree), started to wander off then came back into the kitchen in a rare fit of cleanliness to tidy up and noticed the bread container, complete with ingredients (and stirrer) sitting beside the breadmaker..

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »
I once made fruit crumble and forgot to rub the butter into the flour. We called it farmers lung crumble, it was hilarious.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 02:33:22 pm »

I once put a bread cycle on without the aid of the stirring bar. That didn't work.

I've tried that one! I can confirm it doesn't work!. I've also tried making the loaf without adding water.

Helen

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 02:46:03 pm »

....and last night I again forgot the yeast in my loaf.  It looked very cute, for breaking windows.

Still, twice in nearly 20 years isn't that bad  :eyelashes:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »
I do worry about some of you...

In the nicest possible way obviously!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS