Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: my new babies  (Read 5572 times)

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
  • Home is were my animals are.
my new babies
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:27:14 am »
Here are a couple of pics of the new arrivals

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: my new babies
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:51 am »
Very sweet  :love:

You should sell that second pic to a calendar company  :thumbsup:

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:22:32 am »
And I thought mine were cute! Must get clicking!
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:37 am »
Lovely!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:11:45 pm »
Oh my gosh...  They are just beautiful.  Beautiful lambs, beautiful mums, beautiful pics.

Do you Ravel?  Only JaneKAL on Blacker & Beyond would love to see these pics...  I've put a link in the Boreray thread over there, but I know they would love you to pop across, say Hi, and tell and show more :)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:19:54 pm by SallyintNorth »
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

madcat

• Joined Mar 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:17:18 pm »
Lovely sheep and lambs, there's a few Ravelry folks who would love to see those.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »
Absolutely lovely  :love:
Fantastic photography too  :thumbsup:

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:02 pm »
WOW, amazing pictures!!!  Totally gorgeous!!!  :love:

smee2012

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »
Gorgeous babies!  :love:

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:54:59 am »
Beautiful  :love: :sheep:
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 07:22:17 am »
 :love:

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 09:17:13 am »
No l dont Ravel, dont have the time. Cant take credit for the pics it was my neighbour, she was so excited about how pretty the lambs were. If anyone was interested in the wool l would be glad to keep it for them. They shed it themselves so would be a long wait  :thumbsup: Still waiting for one more boreray to lamb, hopefully a girlie  :fc: have 3 ram lambs, have homes for 2 so not bad early days yet. Good mums did it all by themselves  :love:  An absolute pleasure to keep. :sheep:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 09:27:21 am »
If anyone was interested in the wool l would be glad to keep it for them.

I would love to have some!  My friend did the Boreray for the Rare Breeds Survival Trust Rare Breeds Heirloom blanket, and it was a most interesting fibre.  We think the fleece she was given was not a good one, and would love to try another or two.

It would be snapped up within hours if you posted it on Ravelry - when the time comes, depending on how much there is, I would be glad to be a middleperson for you to help as many people as possible have a chance to try this very very rare breed fibre. 

And/or if you can get it to the September Smallholders' Festival, with some prior notification to attendees that it'll be there, it'll be snapped up I'm sure. 

All of which said, if there are local spinners who would like it, I will cede to their claims.  (But if you could spare a few hundred grammes, I'd be very grateful. ;))
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

kelly58

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Highlands, Scotland
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:56 am »
No probs Sally glad it would be used. Could send it you. All l ask is a warm vest for the winter  :roflanim:
We have someone shear our other sheep so could shear the 8 boreray ? Leave it with me  :thinking:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 09:47:39 am »
All l ask is a warm vest for the winter  :roflanim:

lol, I'm not sure Boreray is one you want next to your skin!  Unless they're very good, and I can separate the inner and outer coats - the inner may be ok.  But possibly felty, not sure - the fleece my pal had for the RBST blanket weighed 300g and if we'd tried to get all the good, soft inner coat we'd have had maybe 20g usable in all!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS