Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: wanted-farm cat/kittens Lanark  (Read 3017 times)

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
wanted-farm cat/kittens Lanark
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:52 pm »
looking for above-will be outdoor cat(s) only but rural home with outbuildings etc. Either an older single cat or a couple of litter mates. Would prefer boys and not pure black (have always wanted a ginger tom!) but colour otherwise not important.

HappyHippy

Re: wanted-farm cat/kittens Lanark
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:31 pm »
You're welcome to come and catch a couple of my feral ones if you want (we're over in Lesmahagow) there is a ginger tom too (and he was caught and castrated as a kitten) and I'll ask my neighbour who has regular litters being born - we got our girls from her and they are FANTASTIC mousers (and molers, and birders and 'just about anything' ers  ::))
Be back in touch soon  :wave:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
cats protection league always have a supply of outdoor mousers / feral. we got our first 2 from there.

Cactus Jack

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Tortosa catalunya
    • stevel100
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »
This week I have a cat and five kittens...
Last week I had no cat and no kittens....
What's the postage to uk from Spain?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:19 am »
You're welcome to come and catch a couple of my feral ones if you want (we're over in Lesmahagow) there is a ginger tom too (and he was caught and castrated as a kitten) and I'll ask my neighbour who has regular litters being born - we got our girls from her and they are FANTASTIC mousers (and molers, and birders and 'just about anything' ers  ::) )

Could you not persuade neighbour to have the cat neutered? Shelters are full of unwanted cats  :(

langfauld easycare

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »
my uncle has some young male feral cats think there are 8 and 7 were tams from a pregnant cat he thinks was dumped  . all have been neutered he is near caldercruix, lanarkshire pm if your interested .these are not very tame

misscbr

• Joined Sep 2013
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
I know of 3 kittens born last week 2 white 1 black & white. Ive had a brother and sister from previous litter for my yard and they are get mousers and friendly.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 11:46:52 pm »
You're welcome to come and catch a couple of my feral ones if you want (we're over in Lesmahagow) there is a ginger tom too (and he was caught and castrated as a kitten) and I'll ask my neighbour who has regular litters being born - we got our girls from her and they are FANTASTIC mousers (and molers, and birders and 'just about anything' ers  ::) )

Could you not persuade neighbour to have the cat neutered? Shelters are full of unwanted cats  :(

If you contact the Cat Protection they trap ferals, neuter then bring back to their settlement so they are kept in the family group and another unneutered group doesn't take the gap if they had of been removed instead.

lord flynn

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 09:14:32 am »
Hi all- excellent. Am away this weekend but will pm when I return.  Tbh CPL and the Cat Trust have not been that helpful. Fife cat shelter have an older ginger tom that I'm thinking about but he is 9, somewhat older than I was wanting. I feel sorry for him though I must have a cat that mouses. I don't want a house cat but would quite like something that isn't terrified of me- also have a dog.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:23:11 am by lord flynn »

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 12:27:48 pm »
If you're willing to go as far as Fife check out Lothian Cat Rescue. They will be closer to you. Really great shelter.

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS