Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plastic Surgery?  (Read 3971 times)

FourCats

• Joined Mar 2013
  • New York
Plastic Surgery?
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »
Hello!
Kinda not related to pets, but I'm curios about this subject  :excited: Do you have any plastic surgeries? Would you get platic surgeries if you had the money?  :tree:

I got curios about this subject mostly because plenty of celebrities nowadays get tons of plastic surgeries. There are tons of celebrities that look way better (young) after plastic surgeries, such as: Preity Zinta, Madeleine Stowe, etc. But there are plenty other celebrities that spend a small (or big) fortune on plastic surgeries and don't look that good, such as: Elsa Patton, Cat Lady (Jocelyn Wildenstein), etc. What do you think?

Why do you think most celebrities get plastic surgeries?
Would you get a plastic surgery if you had the money?
Why won't you get a plastic surgery?
Do you think there should be an age limit for plastic surgeries?

:farmer:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Plastic Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:43:03 pm »
I used to want a nose job but I can think of much better things to spend my money on these days. I need to have a couple of gates made, one strong enough to keep the goats in.

I did once look in the mirror and say to my ex (while he was still the current one) "If I had a slightly higher forehead, my eyes were wider apart, my nose smaller, my lips fuller and my chin less pronounced, I'd be quite good looking." His response? "That doesn't leave much."   :roflanim: :roflanim:

Celebs are so worried about losing their looks that they pay a fortune trying to keep them. I'm not worried about mine.

(It helps having a blind OH who believes me when I  tell him I'm incredibly beautiful.   :innocent: :innocent: )

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:13 pm »
Beauty is only skin deep  :eyelashes:  :eyelashes: it doesn't help chop logs,dig plots, grow food, nurture, slaughter ( legally), butcher, cook......love, empathise, encourage....

Personally I think unless it is having a major effect on mental well-being of the person then there is no need for it. For those that have a major issue with their own appearance then surgery should, pre and post, be covered with consultation with a psychologist.

Of course, life isn't always so straightforward. There are many reasons for wanting plastic surgery. Then there are situations where it is needed medically.
So to answer your questions :-
I think celebrities get plastic surgery to stay as young looking as possible for higher chance of employment and fan base.
I would not get it unless a medical condition required it.
To me there are too many risks for what I see as 'skin deep image'
I think unless medical then 25 is probably the youngest age where the mental images more stable to make choices.  As long as mentality is not compromisedthen there should not be an upper age limit.

Every person is different so their mental and physical state needs to be considered. And always remember, things can go wrong for no other reason other than the body reaction, be that to an anaesthetic reaction, wound healing or infection.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:38:48 pm »
Well put and I couldn't agree more. I would only consider it if I needed parts of me replacing. For example I have a friend who has had a lot of cancer in her face and has had to have quite a lot of face removed. Plastic surgery in her case is a necessity, not only for her own benefit but also for the sake of others who might be upset by her appearance.

I also have a friend who was badly burned as a child. She had some plastic surgery at the time but not a lot. When she reached puberty and started developing breasts, the scar tissue on her body was being pulled round and became quite uncomfortable so plastic surgery was done then. She also had some on her eyelids as they didn't fully close even when she was asleep. Her hands are badly damaged and what's left of her fingers had healed badly so the last op she had was to straighten one of her remaining fingers so that she could wear a ring. Her dad told her she would never get married as her face is badly scarred. Her first marriage broke up when she had two young children and she later remarried and had another one. Just goes to show that it's what is on the inside that counts and she is a lovely lady.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 11:47:44 pm »
"Give me, for a beautiful sight, a neat and smart woman, heating her oven and setting in her bread! And, if the bustle does make the sign of labour glisten on her brow, where is the man that would not kiss that off, rather than lick the plaster from the cheek of a duchess?"
William Cobbet in Cottage Economy
He has many things right and this is one of them.
Many thanks to whoever on this forum originally pointed me in the direction of him and his books!

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:34 am »
My wife is a grafter not grafted I know which I prefer

As for me beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as long as she keeps holding me then I must be ok

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:29 am »
for medical reasons , then yes,
i suppose some must get a certain amount of confidence having it done ,
an ex boss of mine had a face lift….he ended up looking like he had spent the day in a wind tunnel

as for age…. 28..

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:29:22 am »
Does pretty make you dig quicker ?
If your pretty can you catch a ewe easier ?
Do the veggies grow bigger if your pretty ?
If your pretty do pigs not wipe their turds on you or try and squash your legs ?

If the answer to any of the above is yes then book me in

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:12 am »
I had plastic surgery after a car accident so that probably doesn't count. If others want cosmetic surgery and can afford it then I don't see a problem with the odd bit but not to change the whole person, as some do.
I will never win miss world but I don't think there is anything soo bad about me that I would think of paying for it myself.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

FourCats

• Joined Mar 2013
  • New York
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 11:21:46 am »
"Celebs are so worried about losing their looks that they pay a fortune trying to keep them." - I think you are right. Celebrities are so worried about losing their looks, but in the end everyone loses their looks. But still, spending those fortunes keeping their looks more, get them more fans, so more money.

"I think celebrities get plastic surgery to stay as young looking as possible for higher chance of employment and fan base." - just like I said. The more young they stay, the more money they can make. I was reading an interview with Robert Deniro (if I'm not mistaking) about the fact he doesn't get a lot of major roles nowadays being so old. So, if celebrities stay younger for more time, they get the chance to play in a lot more movies or get more contracts. But what do you think about persons like Elsa Patton? When she was young (from the pictures) she used to look god, but now, after spending a fortune on cosmetic surgeries, she doesn't look ok at all. Who is to blame here? The surgeon? The star? Both?

"For example I have a friend who has had a lot of cancer in her face and has had to have quite a lot of face removed. Plastic surgery in her case is a necessity, not only for her own benefit but also for the sake of others who might be upset by her appearance. " - in this case plastic surgery is on the to-do list  ;) But there are plenty of other cases where celebrities spend tons of money (some millions) and they look worse. They would look better with no plastic surgeries.

"I also have a friend who was badly burned as a child. She had some plastic surgery at the time but not a lot." - in this case, again, plastic surgery is necesary.

"I had plastic surgery after a car accident so that probably doesn't count. " - I think there are 2 type of persons that get plastic surgeries. Those than need them for real, yet those that don't. You are a person that needed it for real.

"Does pretty make you dig quicker ?" - No, I don't think so, but, who knows? :tired:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS