Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any idea what this is (photos attached)  (Read 1929 times)

Thrift Bee

• Joined Aug 2013
  • Co. Wicklow
Any idea what this is (photos attached)
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »
Our 6 yr old Togg milker has recently shed all her winter coat. We have not been sure if this is normal as we only adopted her last August. She definitly didnt have a winter coat when we got her, got progressively hairier and then a couple of weeks ago she started to loose a lot of hair.
It seemed her new coat was growing through underneath. She seemed itchy and uncomofortable so OH gave her a mild shampoo and disenfectant shower, she seemed much less itchy afterwards.  We assumed she was molting.
A couple of days later i noticed white blisters on her back.  They started to weep a little and OH put iodine on them. We thought it was a reaction to the shampoo. (Diluted Dove!!)
I am putting up pictures of 3 stages of the blisters. They start off white, then go crusty and a little pink. The last one is a large patch of blisters after sprayed with iondine.

She doesnt seem to have them anywhere else. 

Please help. Vet not goat experienced so I'd love to have an idea before i get him here.
Thrift Bee

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: Any idea what this is (photos attached)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:04:22 pm »
Sorry no idea...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:15:12 pm »
I don't know either, sorry  :-\

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:25:12 pm »
I would be inclined to wash the area with an anti viral, fungal, microbial solution maybe hibiscrub.  I have seen similar on human feet where a spot appears, weeps, blisters, scabs and then clears. Usually linked either to contact with some chemical agent or athletes foot.

Fingers crossed it clears up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS