Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Morpeth - meeting place HELP please  (Read 1251 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Morpeth - meeting place HELP please
« on: April 12, 2014, 10:55:55 pm »
Hi all, I don't know Morpeth but am meeting another TAS member there or thereabouts so I can collect some livestock from them.

We will be coming from different directions north and south and are looking for an obvious spot we can meet up and hand over the livestock.  Is there an obvious mart or motorway service station?  Am googling but nothing obvious coming up.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
Re: Morpeth - meeting place HELP please
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:20:17 am »
The best place to meet would be the junction off the A1 signed 'Morpeth North' (so the person coming from the south will go past the Morpeth junction) where the A697 from Wooler joins the A1 and comes into Morpeth. Take the signs for Morpth town centre, then on your left you'll see the Fairmoor garage, also a vet's and a country store (was Farmway but might be Carrs Billington now?).  it is just a wee garage, but there should be enough space there to get sorted out (not really anything big and obvious in Morpeth.

Another alternative could be the Heighley Gate Garden Centre, just about a mile back up the A697 out of Morpeth towards Wooler - they have a HUGE carpark.  You'd also get very nice (and expensive) coffee and cake there.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 08:25:46 am »
First class Mowhaugh, I'll be coming down the A697 anyways, thanks SO much! 
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

mowhaugh

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Scottish Borders
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:32:11 am »
You are welcome!  Just thinking a bit more, if you are swapping anything bigger (i.e. full size stock trailer), you'd probably be better at Heighley Gate.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 08:42:30 am »
Yes, it's a couple of goats and the coffee and cake would be much appreciated I'm sure, brilliant!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS