Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Lincolnshire  (Read 1306 times)

Trixie

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Lincolnshire
Hello from Lincolnshire
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:50:09 pm »
Hi all, We live in Lincolnshire between Grantham & Newark, have had chickens for years, dogs and bought our first 2 Nanny goats last July, A Nubian & a Togg x.  We were hooked, by Sept we bought another 2! A Saanen & a Saanen x (a right mixture) January we went halves with a friend on a 100% Young Boer Billy. (nearly got a full set!) He mated with our Nubian in January (although he needed a box to stand on as she is taller than him but did the job & she is due in June, which is great, we are really looking forward to her kidding & getting our 1st milker too!  But also getting nervous in case she has any problems as they are known for having multiple kids.
May need some advice when nearer to the time please, you all seem so helpful on here it is great to find somewhere like this to come & chat, bye for now.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Hello from Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:15:32 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from Shropshire. Goats are great. We are expecting in a month and she looks huuuuuge. I've told her no more than two.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:32:14 am »
Hello and welcome from  :sunshine: Carnoustie  :wave:

Trixie

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:58:45 pm »
Thank you both for the welcome.

Hope all goes well with your kidding, what sort have you got? I was hoping for 3 or 4 in the hopes that they might be smaller and easier for her to have 1st time but heard that if she needed help would be worse as you wouldn't know which legs belonged to which! Just hope my girl is ok as you say goats are great!!!

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »
Hello & Welcome :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS