Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lonely Gosling  (Read 2327 times)

querceti

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Ancrum, Scottish Borders
Lonely Gosling
« on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:24 pm »
Hello, I'm new to this forum.
I have managed to hatch a gosling yesterday, unfortunately there was only one fertile egg, out of the 5 I started with. I was hoping to try and find my gosling a friend, but am having difficulty trying to track down a companion. We are situated in the Scottish borders, does anyone have any ideas where I might be able to buy a day old or young gosling?

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
Re: Lonely Gosling
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:32:53 pm »
I spotted these on preloved, may be a bit far / old though http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/110510050/female-goslings.html

querceti

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:48:51 pm »
Thanks, Ayrshire would be a bit of a trek, will be in Lancashire next week, if I don't find anything before that.

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 10:19:13 pm »
Hi F, Ally mentioned yesterday you were looking for a gosling, I have a goose about to hatch some and I also have 4 doing well (so far) in the incubator.  Goose and incubator are due to hatch just after easter weekend but that may be a bit late for you as they grow so quickly.  I'll let you know when (and if) all the hatchlings happen but hopefully you may find it a friend before then. 

If you're seeing your mum let her know I have 2 NR ewes expecting some lambs mid May all being well.

amanda
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

querceti

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »
Hi Amanda,

Going to see mum next week, they're in the middle of lambing, so will let her know about yours. I'm going to try down in Lancs to see if I can get wee goosey a friend, but if not will come back to you.

Fiona

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 02:02:20 pm »
Great, have a lovely time  :wave:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS