Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello hello  (Read 10208 times)

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
  • Living the dream in Caithness
Re: Hello hello
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 03:41:00 am »
HI and welcome from W.Yorkshire, what a great way to introduce yourself, and what an introduction to crofting for you  ;D . Hope you wintered well up there.

Can't quite believe it so far - OH says he thinks we are months ahead of where he had hoped. I put it down to positive mental attitude, and those Duracell batteries myself  :thumbsup:
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 07:43:01 am »
Hello from another newbie. We moved to a smallholding on the Herefordshire/Powys border last summer. I can really relate to your comment about duracell man. This was the nickname my husband had on workparties where we used to live. I can't keep up and learnt to accept that years ago. I just pace myself and plod along. I will be 60 next month and my toy boy is coming up to 58. Our first goats are arriving next week and the weaners the week after. We have spent the time in between fencing, improving outbuildings and starting veg beds, and planting 1361 trees!

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 07:29:41 pm »
Aren't we the lucky ones to have found such gems to share our dreams with.  :thumbsup:
With 1 Angora and now 6 pygmy goats, Jacob & Icelandic sheep, chooks, a cat and my very own Duracell bunny aka BH !

MKay

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »
Hey guys, Michael here. Lovely to meet you all this week and a big big Thankyou for your perseverance and refusal to cull all the sheep, especially the super Ehwaz Trusty, our very first home bred lamb! Hope you have a great time doing all you have planned and please call if ever we can help.

My best
Michael

Treud na Mara

• Joined Mar 2014
  • East Clyh, Caithness
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 02:00:29 am »
Only just spotted your post MKay. Our last visitor has gone today so we'll be getting back to cleaning dirty tail ends and all the rest. Don't forget to pop in for some eggs when you're passing next ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS