Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi There  (Read 2727 times)

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
Hi There
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:45:17 pm »
Just a little about me  :wave:, I have been a beekeeper for some time and live in Clydach Swansea Wales.  The reason I joined this forum is to try and find a new home for my bees as their old home was sold and the new owners are allergic to bees.  My little bees are a very friendly sort and will pollinate crops flowers fruit trees and vegetables  for free and even give you a couple of jars of their hard earned honey in exchange for a home.  Would anyone here know of anywhere I could keep my little bees near where I live

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Hi There
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:09:41 pm »
Hi  :wave:
there is a bee and beekeeping section further down, you might want ask there?
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:23 am »
Hi Redwood, is Brynamman too far for you to travel?. My Oh, who is secretary of the East Carmarthenshire bee keepers club received a call this weekend saying they had land they would be happy to have some hives on.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:04:34 am »
Hello and welcome :wave: Too far to help but hope you find a home for your bees  :fc:

Somewhere_by_the_river

• Joined Dec 2013
  • Near Llandeilo
    • Angela French Graphite Artist
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:48:39 pm »
Hello and Welcome

We're just outside Llandeilo, plenty of forage for bees here, plenty of room too. Might be a bit further than you wanted but feel free to PM me if not. I've just been doing a bee course myself so would be happy to help out too.

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:56:24 pm »
Thank you all for your kind replies, I am looking after someone's apiary in Brynamman while he is away and although it is not too far once a week but if I have to travel there a few times in a week during the busy season it can get quite expensive on fuel. Thank you again

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:42:58 pm »
When I was looking for my out apiary I basically visited local farms. If I did not get an answer I left a note. I also spoke to the local council who spoke to their tenant farmers on my behalf. A couple of options that worked for me.

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:35:08 pm »
Yes basically door knocking will be my final straw, what department of the local council will I have to contact? 

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 08:21:17 am »
Our local beekeeping club is in the process of moving the club apiary because their old site was no longer viable. Anyway, a couple of members did some leaflet drops at places near where they live and hey presto, they have come up with a great site. The owner is very happy to do whatever he can for the club and it's in a much more convenient location.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

REDWOOD

• Joined Apr 2014
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 11:49:47 pm »
I have printed a couple of posters to put in shop windows hoping this will do the job

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:44:57 am »
Hi from the Isle of Mull  :wave:
 You could home your bees here but I think the commute might be a bit far.

benandjerry

• Joined Jan 2014
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 07:14:15 pm »
Hello & Welcome :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS