Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's It Like Around Aberystwyth?  (Read 5289 times)

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
Re: What's It Like Around Aberystwyth?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:59 am »
Adding to the above.. the weather can be bloody awful if there is an onshore blow.. They lost half the sea front earlier this year.  There is good sea angling if you can get near to the marks .
One of the best places by the sea is all council offices with loads of menacing don't park here notices all over the place.

Parking in the town is horrific , two or three years ago there was not enough money in the coffers to pay the traffic wardens so they all got the boot .. parking & traffic chaos was the result , don't know how it finally panned out .

We couldn't find any big store shops on the main streets & as regards to a reasonable restaurant ..  other than the one on the pier your better off staying at home with the frying pan

There are several arts type venues ..we went to see a work acclaimed flautist & a violinist

There were never any 'big store' type shops in Aber, really. It's one of the many reasons I liked it.

I don't know about now, but there used to be a few nice little bistro-type places tucked away - last time I went I hadn't got the energy at dinner time to go looking. I stayed at Harrys and the food was okay.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
Re: What's It Like Around Aberystwyth?
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:32 am »
I always remember as well it used to have a horrible stone beach that I think they cleared & replaced with sand in recent years still they still have donkey rides there unlike other places x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS