Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Springer x Working Cocker Pups for sale North Ayrshire  (Read 8424 times)

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
Re: Springer x Working Cocker Pups for sale North Ayrshire
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »

However, I must say, your comment telling me I could have jagged the dog I found pretty offensive, but you'll know the next time !!!

Why? Any responsible dog owner should be aware that it is available.  I'm glad you've sold your pups, but then you will know next time too won't you?  :wave:

Have to agree with doganjo, lots of people don't realise you can get the mismate jab after an unplanned/ unwanted matting - better than potentially adding to the already dia rescue situation.

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 05:39:23 pm »
I am / was, fully aware of the option to jag the bitch, however, it is my choice whether I do or not... I just felt it a little condescending that assumption was made that I did not know...In any case, the last pup went away to it's forever home this afternoon  :excited:
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

NicandChic

• Joined Oct 2013
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 06:09:52 pm »
Fab, seen your adverts on Facebook selling them, well done.

Lots of people don't know about the jab, the more people made aware the better  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:11:32 pm by NicandChic »

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 06:48:08 pm »
I didn't know you could jab animals until we got our cattle.
welldone with the pups. I grew up dog-sitting a springerxcocker bitch and we adored her.
 :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 07:47:07 pm »
You said - "This was an accidental litter (it happens sometimes)...winds blew a door open where my Springer was kept while the bitch was in season and he caught her.....I had no intention of breeding these two dogs, therefore there are no tests completed...."
I assumed from that you didn't know of the Misalliance treatment that all vets will provide, since you had no intention of breeding.  I was apparently mistaken, for which i apologise, but there is nothing above to convince me that you knew.  Fair enough as I said, but I'd still have done health tests, at least on the sire.  But that's just me, too principled for my own good sometimes. :eyelashes:

Glad your pups are apparently sound and healthy and that you've got good forever homes for them. Something we all strive for.  :thumbsup:

Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Kitchen Cottage

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 08:41:11 am »
Firstly, these aren't sprockers.... They are SPROLLIES.  This is important because they are the very very best breed in the world.

I wish I had a home for another sprollie now.  They are just wonderful.

Dogango,  I know you have strong views but other than my pedigree working cocker (who was a gift) I have always had long lived, farm bred cross breeds (or as they were called then.... mongrels)

I view them as genetically less risky as pedigrees that are bred from a more limited gene pool.  The advantage of free and rampant promiscuity seems to be healthy pups.

If I bought a pedigree, I would worry about genetic abnormalities.  If I bought a cross breed from a back yard breeder that was a result of two poor pedigrees mating, I would worry about genetic abnormalities.... If I bought a farm bred puppy off two healthy dogs I wouldn't give it a second thought.

It would go against my personal experience to say mongrels has as great a risk of genetic abnormality as pedigrees.... and I hardly ask the kennel club for a response on the issue as they monitor pedigrees.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:04 am »
This is such silly reasoning I'm not even going to add much to this thread. I'm glad these crossbreeds or mongrels have found good homes and I hope none of them will develop eye or hip problems.

Just think of this -
Labradors have inherent hip dysplasia
Poodles have inherent hip dysplasia

Pick the wrong two to mate with that behind both of them - without knowing because you didn't test - and you have a crippled litter. 

End of this as far as I am concerned - I have better things to do than give sound and knowledgeable information to those whose ears are closed.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »
i thought a Sprollie was a springer x collie? and a Sprocker is a springer x cocker?
we have had experience of both long before those terms came about   :roflanim: :roflanim:

did you get your new sprollie dog KC?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS