Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wild boar Testicles  (Read 3426 times)

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
Wild boar Testicles
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:25:42 pm »
Nice topic!! i have a dumb question...  We are in France 1stly..We have a wild boar X corsican pig male and was wondering if the testies should be visible... The story is we had 2 from a farm that shut down (not local) that we assumed were castrated as i could not see there Mr parts.... well slaughtered one a few weeks ago and im 90% sure all its bits n pieces were in there just tight up under its arse....bit gutted as now wished i had possibly bred from it!!
got one left  but cant find any pictures of genitalia on internet! can any one advise on these breeds.
Thanks for reading
Wayne

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: Wild boar Testicles
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:05 pm »
Haha pig balls are very visible! They protrude from under his bum! Normally they are easily seen from birth and certainly the close to puberty the bigger and more obvious they get!

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:05:17 am »
If a pig has balls you can't miss them.
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 06:03:53 pm »
Thanks for replies...
Ment to add to the info... we saw last night some piglets that another couple also had from the same batch( one of there females was pregnant from purchase...anyway... these are 10 weeks old and look the same as my 8 month old pig?? These were male by the way...but with no obvious TACKLE... which is why im still wondering if the wild aspect of the Corsican/Wild boar is different to domestic OR the cross has had an affect?

Cactus Jack

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Tortosa catalunya
    • stevel100
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »
My pigs are half wild boar and half god knows what, my boar hides his tackle well inside. But he definitely is not chopped.

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 08:20:54 pm »
Cheers Jack... perhzaps its the breed then...!!

Any one else wants to talk xxllocks?

greedyasapig

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »
 ;) getting a female... just have to wait n see...

Rhodie

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 07:21:37 pm »
Wild boar are less visible than domestic pigs when young, over 75kg they become more visible, with their winter coats it becomes quite a task to separate the gilts and boars, had a few slip through in the past, so made a point of re examining the groups at about 5 months before they started to serve.  The various crosses, mostly Middle White and some Landrace, were typical domestic boars and easily seen.

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:22 pm »
I could reply but to be honest my reply would be utter bo**ocks  :roflanim: so I'll say nothing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS