Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Public liability insurance  (Read 1535 times)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Public liability insurance
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:43:52 pm »
The venue where I took a stall in November are having another fair, but have changed TCs and now require all stall holders to have public liability insurance. I have also been told this by another organisation today. Does anyone else have such insurance for being a vendor at craft fairs, and if so, who do you insure with, and what sort of premium are you paying? I have looked on line but price comparison sites are giving me quite large quotes, which means I need to sell a lot!

Joanna

• Joined Jan 2014
Re: Public liability insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »
Hi i've been talking to a friend about this recently as I need to get it too. Apparently if you go on to the Frome Craft Fair website there's a link on there to a company that do it for about £50 a year. I've not looked yet but my friend said she only had to complete a one A4 side form and that it came through very quickly. I'd be interested to know if this is good value compared to the others you've found (might save me having to do the same shopping around ;-). All the best

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:43:00 pm »
Thank you. The lady I spoke to today said Zurich are a good company, but I think I will need to speak to them directly, as she was suggesting about £20-40 per year, so when I get some more info I will post again.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 08:02:43 pm »
I have insurance with Ian Wallace craft insurance for my cold process soaps - it's around £80 per year (from memory)
HTH

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:59:52 am »
When we took out smallholders liability insurance, I asked if they could cover me for selling crafts on the internet and craft fairs. They said to detail the activities on our form which we did. Seemed to be covered by the standard £200 smallholders liability payment.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS