Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hit and run  (Read 3579 times)

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
hit and run
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:17:26 pm »
Hi

Wanted to share

Sooo angry, my 18 month old  black and white very loved and funny kitty got hit by a car.

We had a call from the vets (micro chipped) to say she had been in an accident, i went cold and stared imagining all sorts, they were naturally letting us know and seeing if we were good for the bills before the ran up a huge one (she is insured so all was good.

I discovered from a few calls that,

She had been hit by a car the driver got out walked to the front of the car, looked at her, shrugged at the bus driver behind, then returned to the car , drove round her and left her in the middle of the road.

The nice bus driver picked her up, she was kept calm by a passenger, taken to the bus depot, were the RSPCA collected her and took her to the vet.

She ended up with a broken jaw and bruising to the lungs, and after just 4 days was eating normally again.

She was sooo lucky that she was not too badly hurt but also that there are decent people on the road as if she hadn't been piked up she would probably have been finished off by the next car round the corner.

Still horrified someone would leave her in the middle of the road,.

K

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: hit and run
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:19:13 pm »
That's awful. So glad she is on the mend  :bouquet:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »
That's appalling - nice bus driver though - well done to him/her
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Dans

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Spalding
    • Six Oaks
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:42 pm »
Oh that is awful. I don't know how anyone can do that. Even if you're a cold person and you think the animal is dead, if you have already gotten out of your car at least move the animal to the side. Makes me so mad. :rant:

We lost our 4 year old boy 2 years ago, he was hit in broad daylight in the 30mph zone outside a children's play park. The kids saw him lying on the road, as did several neighbours, council was called and landfilled him. My husband found out from a neighbour that afternoon but it was too late to retrieve the body. He was microchipped and even had a tag that said he was to be scanned but apparently my council doesn't do it. The person I spoke to on the phone the next morning was awful, so insensitive. People just don't understand how much these animals mean to some people.

I am so glad that your kitty has survived. RTAs are the biggest danger for cats, if she has survived this hopefully she will have the smarts which will protect her in the future.

Thinking of you both

Dans
9 sheep, 24 chickens, 3 cats, a toddler and a baby on the way

www.sixoaks.co.uk

www.facebook.com/pg/sixoakssmallholding

www.goodlife.sixoaks.co.uk

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 10:33:11 pm »
What a complete  :rant:
So glad the busdriver was a decent human being.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
Unbelievable  :rant:  ..... what kind of a person could do that.

Well done bus driver and passenger .... box of chocolates deserved there.

:fc:  that puss makes a full recovery.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 03:20:11 pm »
What kind of person can do that?  >:( .  I think we all understand that accidents do happen but not to take responsibility for it, especially when someone's pet is injured, is just beyond belief.  Thank goodness for the bus driver.  Pleased kitty is on the mend.   :cat:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Orinoco

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:50:22 am »
Hi

Kitty is pretty much back to normal (one of them anyway is full of mischief tormenting the dog and removing my new grass plant from its pot to see how it looks on the halogen hob, a few well placed paws could have tested its heat resistance to, hmm).

I have the local paper coming to do a story and give the bus driver some good publicity.

K

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
 :thumbsup:  Glad she is on the mend.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »
Still horrified someone would leave her in the middle of the road,.
:o , the worse part was they obviousely were seen buy people yet still did not do anything, or at least move the cat out from the middle of the road, what on earth were they thinking?  lucky for every one that the bus driver was helpful, that's what anyone would or should have done.......anyway, so glad she is better now, we lost a dog a few years ago with a hit and run but the dog must have died almost instantly anyway......I know if I ever ran over something I would be devastated......

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:18 pm »
Pleased to hear she has made a speedy recovery and that the bus driver is getting some recognition for being such a good Samaritan.  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS